The hardest part is refilling due to the location, but you just need a pump (about $6) that screws onto the bottle of new fluid. It can be purchased at any auto parts store or online. Make sure you take out the fill plug before the drain plug. Otherwise, if the fill plug is stuck, you're not going to be able to drive.
- Mar 07, 2019 · 5th gen T4Rs - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum if you haven't already done so. Lots of good information out there, but some of the people on there tend to get somewhat snotty and arrogant and contentious.
- Mar 04, 2013 · Quick Links: Boffroad's Build Fogs for T4R Best locking lug nuts . . . ? 99 4runner trans fluid change 2011 Transmission Whine Trans cooler 4Runners.com Guest 5th Gen 4 Runner
I also have the same problem with the transmission. Bought a 2009 4Runner new in May of 2009. When I slow down (but don't stop completely) to turn a corner, either right or left turn, and then accellerate, the transmission doesn't respond, engine revs a few seconds, then the transmission catches up to the engine.
- Towing 3rd Gen Differential and Manual Transmission (6MT) Fluid Change 2019 TRD Pro RIMS $ 3rd Gen Taco 6 speed transmission vs T4Rs 5 speed Discussion in ' 3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016+) ' started by swampy_swimmer , Jul 18, 2019 .
The 4Runner is an SUV sold by Toyota Motor Corporation around the world. The 4Runner has a unique transmission pan that allows fluid to be changed without removing the pan. Transmission fluid should be changed every 25,000 to 30,000 miles under normal operating conditions, according to Toyota.
- Anyway, I'd probably do it around 200k in my 5th gen if I keep it that long. I'm only at 50k now. I don't know how most dealers do it or if Toyota has a special service tool for flushing the fluid out. On the plus side - you practically never hear of an A750F transmission going bad or having problems.
So how does one check the trans fluid? The 5th Generation 4Runner body is 75.8-inches wide and 191.3-inches long with a 109.8-inch wheelbase. There are a lot of stories about off road trips, and mods. Missed having a 4Runner so much bought a 2014 SR5 (5th gen) about a half year ago 35k miles and have had no problems.
- your runner does not have a filter it is a screen .. now if you do the tranny fluid and did tow stuff with 50K miles all you need to do is drop pan , clean pan and screen .. put it all back .. put in that same amount of fluid that you drained out .. if you spilled some then add a few more OZ.. tranny must be level use a magnetic level on the pan jack up runner so it is level.
Daniel's rig Hummer truck, 4runner, Toyota 4runner . In the 4th gen 4runner i used to own and a few other vehicles, so i am very familiar with the process. Replace cv axle 3rd gen 4runner. Aug 11, 2020 at 8:50 am #1 #1. First gen tacoma headliner removal; 12) remove the six 12mm nuts and washers at the base of the manual hub.
- Sheet1 Task,min (off-roading, towing), km,normal, km/time,max, km,advanced/smart way to know,Parts necessary,Other compatible oils/parts which may work,Link to the procedure (text),Video Oil change,8000 or 6 months,8000 or 6 months,16000,color on the dipstick is black,6.2L of Mobil or Castrol 0w...
1.1k members in the 3rdGen4Runner community. All things 3rd generation 4runner! If it ain't a third gen, it's a turd gen.
- The ShrockWorks 5th Gen 4Runner skid plates are made from CNC cut 3/16" steel plate with bends and side flanges in the right places to add even more strength. These skid plates will protect the vulnerable low hanging expensive parts on your 4runner. This is a good investment in peace of mind offroad.
Jul 31, 2020 · * You have done an ATF change on said transmission (dog in the fight only please) * (Select up to 3 fluids that you have used successfully and would use again. If you've used a fluid previously, but will not use it going forward, don't select it.) I've ready many of the interesting BITOG/Toyota threads on WS fluid.